Ever since I’ve been struggling through depression and a back/leg injury in 2014, I’ve been doing a lot of research about my viewpoint of this world and the beliefs and entitlement that I grew up with. My outlook of the world has changed so much. Here’s a few things that I’ve learnt, and please be constructive if you e-mail me in disagreement with any of them:
- God only allows you to have so much of what you want, but He gives everything you need.
- Blessing and prosperity is subjective.
- A job you love is a blessing, but not everyone deserves it.
- Constant exposure to the spotlight is only for a few people.
- Telling kids they are special and that they can do anything may screw them up. Sure you can encourage them to be anything they want, just don’t give them a sense that they are entitled to be what they want.
- It’s great to have a dream on cloud 9 as long as it’s grounded and realistic.
- We live in a world of struggle. There’s always going to be something that needs to be fixed.
- Bad things happen to you and things won’t go your way. You can whine about it, but in the end, God does answer prayer, but He only answers it His way, not yours.
- God has the right not to answer to you.
- Being “ordinary” in a world that seems mundane can be amazing.
- If you aren’t satisfied with what you have, you won’t be satisfied with what you want. Some things shouldn’t be chased after. Let those things come to you.
Welcome to life with Aaron Parsons.